Maths Academic Mentor | Kingston-Upon-Thames
Are you a high-achieving Maths Graduate considering a future-career as a Maths Teacher?! Are you excited by the challenge of making Trigonometry appealing to younger generations?!
If so, and you have been searching for ways to prepare for a future PGCE application, this Maths Academic Mentor role is just the role you have been looking for!
What’s more, you will also be helping to support students who have fallen behind due to COVID-related factors AND work at a supportive, friendly and community-focused school.
Maths Academic Mentor – Kingston-Upon-Thames
- 11-18, Mixed Comprehensive School in Kingston-Upon-Thames
- £70 per day | £350 per week | Paid weekly on a PAYE basis
- Initial one-year placement | September 2021-July 2022
- Opportunities to progress on to Salaried Teacher Training Programme from September 2022
- Full induction and Training Programme provided throughout Placement
- Very supportive Maths department and extended Leadership Team
What does a Maths Academic Mentor do?
- Teach Maths to students in small groups and 1:1, making sure each session maintains pace, motivation & challenge.
- Create your own lesson plans and deliver these as intervention sessions to students requiring additional support in Maths.
- Make your sessions engaging and relevant, utilising real world examples wherever possible.
- Liaise with Pastoral Welfare Leaders (PWLs), SENDCo & Class teachers of pupils needing additional support to discuss how best they can be supported and any topic areas to target specifically.
- Plan termly schedules of work for sessions across different year groups and abilities.
- Gather appropriate resources and adapting lessons to suit the different varying ability levels and prior understanding.
- Set & mark initial tests and assessments, in order to monitor & evaluate progress.
- Ensure a good working relationship with the students, so they feel comfortable to speak up when they are not sure of the answer.
- Model consistently high standards of learning & ensure each student has a positive attitude towards not only their personal education but the school as a whole.
- Engage in additional training/Continual Professional Development (CPD) activities provided by the school.
If this Maths Graduate Academic Mentor vacancy will give you exactly the experience you are looking for prior to applying for a Maths PGCE, contact Ribbons & Reeves today who will arrange interviews for successful Maths Graduate applicants within 3 working days.
Maths Academic Mentor – Kingston-Upon-Thames | Maths Graduate