SEN Teaching Assistant required in Croydon!
With an excellent track record of providing training and support to aspiring SEN professionals, this Croydon-based Primary School are looking to appoint a Year 4 Teaching Assistant for this academic year.
The new SEN Teaching Assistant will be assigned time with the school SENCo to help formulate EHCPs and monitor progress of students displaying a variety of needs.
The ideal SEN Teaching Assistant will:
- Have experience working with children with SEN (ASC, ADHD, SEMH, Global Delay and MLD/SLD) on a 1:1 basis or in class
- Ideally be trained or have experience in Makaton, PECS, or be Team Teach trained
- Be a highly flexible, adaptable, positive and patient individual
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team but also have the initiative to work independently in order to provide effective support to pupils
- Be able to commence a SEN Teaching Assistant role ASAP and be committed to working full-time through until July!
- Be seeking a future career within Primary Teaching or within SEN (Educational Psychology/Clinical Psychology/S&L Therapy)
- Full-time position , Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4pm
A popular, successful and happy Primary School that has higher-than-average numbers of EAL and SEN students.
A school that will see you work with fun, supportive and proactive colleagues who are committed to aiding pupil development.
This well-resourced Croydon Primary School can offer excellent training and development. If it sounds like a place you'd like to spend this academic year, apply today for this SEN Teaching Assistant post!
SEN Teaching Assistant | Croydon