School Finance Manager | Barking & Dagenham
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding Finance Manager to lead the Accounts Department and manage a brilliant secondary school’s financial resources, based in Barking & Dagenham.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing accounts and/or auditing for a comparable sized organisation along with a background in finance systems, financial control and cash-flow management. You will be highly motivated and will work closely with members of the Senior Leadership Team in a key supervisory and management position.
School Finance Manager:
- Day-to-day management of the school’s financial resources and accounts functions, such as budget reviews, wage queries, fee queries, journals and internal transfers.
- Act as a key business partner to colleagues, providing value added decision support, information and insight.
- Preparation of reports and schedules for the Finance Committee and Board and produce accurate minutes of meetings where required.
- Line management and development of the Finance Team.
- Ensure adherence to the financial procedures and controls and where necessary support the development of improvements to reflect best practice that maintains a fit for purpose internal control framework.
- Support budget holders with advice and guidance in the management of and preparation of department budgets.
School Finance Manager Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation and production of management accounts, KPI’s, financial analysis and supporting commentary (within a comparable sized organisation and not likely to be less than 2 years post-qualified).
- Experience of finance systems plus developing them to meet business needs.
- Experience of financial control and reporting, cash flow management and forecasting.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire others.
If this School Finance Manager role is of interest to you then please contact Sam at Ribbons & Reeves today!
Ribbons & Reeves are London’s leading Education Recruiters. For other roles like this, check out our website, search ‘Ribbons & Reeves’. We look forward to supporting you in your application to this School Finance Manager role.
School Finance Manager | Barking & Dagenham | INDNCB